How To Start A Personal Narrative Essay: Writing An Impressive Story
The introduction is one of the hardest parts of an essay. A well-written beginning will make the readers interested in your paper, while a boring intro will push them away. Writing a successful introduction requires some time and effort, but the result is going to be satisfying. So how to start a personal narrative essay and write the best story? The answer is in the article.
Ways To Start A Personal Narrative Story
Here are a few ideas to help decide on the best way to write a paper intro.
- State an interesting fact about your topic. It can be anything that comes to your mind that you find curious or funny. Don’t state something obvious to many; instead, try to find something that not a lot of people might know. Of course, you should make sure that if the fact you found is appropriate for your essay.
- Tell a joke. If the topic of your paper is not about a very serious matter, you could use an anecdote to start a paper. Of course, your joke should also be related to the topic and be appropriate. Your readers will be confused if they read a joke that has nothing to do with your story.
- Ask a question. Give your readers some food for their mind. That could be anything regarding the topic of your paper.
- Share something personal. Of course, a narrative essay requires sharing some emotions and thoughts, but if you include something really personal, more readers will get interested in your essay.
- Be careful with sharing some personal information. You should not share too much about yourself when being emotional. It’s best to review your draft a couple of times and decide on what you would like to share or not.
Tips on Writing A Great Introduction
Here are a few tips on how to write a beginning that will get the attention of any reader.
- Don’t make your intro too long. It will be boring for readers to read a very long introduction. Keep the introduction short and clear, and don’t put anything unnecessary in the introduction.
- Write more than one draft of your introduction and change the outline if needed. Your thoughts change with time, and your introduction might not show the whole topic in the finished paper. You can always make corrections to your paper, so reread your introduction from time to time.
- Don’t forget to explain why your article matters. Your readers need to know why your story is important and what it taught you.
- Write a thesis statement for your intro. This is the most important part of your essay that states the main idea. It shouldn’t be longer than 1-2 sentences.
All writers know that without good introduction you won’t get a lot of good readers. Make sure you dedicate your time to the paper’s introduction to make it perfect. Don’t forget to improve your skills in writing all the time and become a better writer. Don’t stop on your way to your dreams and goals, even if there are many complications.