30 Narrative Essay Topics for a Flawless Composition
Writing a narrative essay can be a tricky challenge. The narrative essay differs from any other academic paper or essays. It is a brief description of an author’s attitude towards a happening or an object.
The composition does not imply strict stylistic boundaries. It does not need special scientific knowledge as well. As a rule, a narrative essay is about various characters affected you. Treat a narrative essay as a biography or story enriched with your thoughts and conclusions. What about narrative essay topics? Is there any reason to dedicate the post to them?
A narrative essay has become a typical assignment. You can meet it everywhere:
- University admission tests
- Regular assignment
- Part of the finals
- Part of a contest
- Scholarship admission
It is a universal way to estimate a writer. As for the topics, the main point is the possibility to choose your own. Some assignments have an already written theme. In other cases, an author has to suggest his/her own. In this situation, it is important to connect it with a plot, climax, introduction, and conclusion. Do not forget about attaching personal experience. Write down a purpose of the narrative essay and try to squeeze everything into a limited number of words.
These requirements can be fulfilled. The first step is a good theme. Here are some tips, examples, and details of narrative essay topics that will help you to compose.
“Life Lesson” Narrative Essays
The most significant aim of a narrative essay is a transition of author’s experience and changing the attitude of a reader by a tale told. Mind something remarkable happened to you. Let your audience find something to learn from your text:
- The Best Day of My Life
- The Worst Thing Happened to Me
- A Way I Moved to A New Country
- A Day When I Started Accepting Myself
- A Day That Changed My Nature
- The Most Important Time of My Life
- A Decision I Regret
- My Life Goal and My Attempts to Reach It
- A Moment I Stopped Being a Coward
- A Decision I Am Proud Of
- How I Showed My Values
- My Success and How I Reached It
- The Best Time with My Family
- The Brightest Memory from My Childhood
- My Hobbies and Leisure Activities
Influence Narrative Essays
Students know the topics under the title. These narrative essays describe a subject, person, information or happening influenced an author mostly. Many people uncover their favors as well.
- My Best Friend and How I Met Him/Her
- My Favorite Book – A Reason Everyone Should Read It
- A Politician I Admire
- A Celebrity I Try to Follow
- A Musician I Like
- A Song Changed My Attitude to Music
- My Favorite Movie
- My Personal Opinion About the Latest Elections
- LGBTQ Movement and My Attitude to It
- My Way to Stop Harassment
- The Most Unpleasant Time I Faced Racism
- A Great Woman in History Inspired Me
- A Quote that Became My Personal Motto
- A Poem I Like Most of All
- A Story That Impressed Me Greatly
You can pick one line or create your own narrative essay using our ideas. Get prepared for everything on this list, and you will not be scared of any exam or test anymore.